- This Credit Cards Online Sign-Up Promotion (the “Promotion”) is available from 6 August to 31 January 2019 (both dates inclusive) (the “Promotion Period“), unless otherwise extended or otherwise terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To qualify for this Promotion and receive the cashback available as set out in Clause 3 below:-
a. you must apply for one (1) of the following eligible cards (each an “Eligible Card”) issued by Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“Standard Chartered” or the “Bank”) as a principal cardholder (“Cardholder”):Unlimited Cashback Credit Card;
i. Unlimited Cashback Credit Card;
ii. Rewards+ Credit Card;
iii. Platinum Visa/Mastercard® Credit Card;
iv. Spree Credit Card;
v. NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card;
vi. Prudential Platinum Credit Card
b. you must be a new Standard Chartered principal cardholder. In other words, you must not have any existing or previously cancelled credit cards in the last 12 months;
c. Standard Chartered must receive your application for the Eligible Card within the Promotion Period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Standard Chartered may continue to process any application received by Standard Chartered up to 14 calendar days after the end of the Promotion Period, and Standard Chartered shall retain the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of these applications and/or allow the said applications for the purposes of this Promotion on a case-to-case basis, subject to these terms and conditions;
d. your Eligible Card application must be approved by Standard Chartered, where such approval is final and unconditional;
e. you must activate the Eligible Card within 30 days from the card approval date; and
f. the Eligible Card account must, within six (6) months of the Eligible Card account opening date, be valid (i.e. the Eligible Card account must not be suspended, cancelled and/or terminated), in good standing, and conducted in a proper and satisfactory manner as determined by Standard Chartered in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Subject to these terms, if you satisfy all the eligibility criteria set out in Clause 2 above, you will be eligible to receive a choice of one (1) of the following:
a. S$100 cashback (“New CC Cashback”), subject to the Previous Cashback Cap (as defined below in Clauses 5(b) and (c) below) if you have previously cancelled credit cards more than 12 months ago; or
b. S$150 worth of promo codes for use on the Amazon Singapore Prime Now app (“Prime Now Credits”).
- If you:
a. have at least one (1) existing principal credit card with the Bank at the point approval of your Eligible Card application or previously cancelled credit card(s) with the Bank in the last 12 months from the date the Eligible Card is approved; and
b. satisfy all the eligibility criteria set out in Clauses 2(a), (c), (d), (e) and (f) above,
you will be eligible to receive S$20 cashback (“Existing CC Cashback”) for the Eligible Card approved under the Promotion, subject to the Current Cashback Cap and Previous Cashback Cap (each as defined below in Clauses 5(b) and (c) below).
- a. The Current Cashback Cap and Previous Cashback Cap (each as defined in Clauses 5(b) and (c) below):
i. includes any cashback; but
ii. does not include any vouchers / stored value cards / credits / any other sign-up gifts which are not in the form of cashback,
received under any and all other credit card sign-up promotions with the Bank that you qualify for, whether prior or subsequent to your application pursuant to this Promotion.
b. The maximum aggregated amount of cashback that you may receive for this Promotion and all your subsequent credit card application(s) (where relevant) combined is capped at S$120 (“Current Cashback Cap”).
c. If you have previously applied for credit card(s) with the Bank, the relevant cashback cap applicable for purposes of determining the cashback you will get under this Promotion is the cashback cap in place when your very first application for credit card(s) with the Bank was approved (“Previous Cashback Cap”). For the avoidance of doubt, this Previous Cashback Cap may be lesser or greater than the Current Cashback Cap.
i. If you have not reached the Previous Cashback Cap as determined by the Bank in its sole discretion, the cashback you will receive pursuant to this Promotion is the lower of:
A. the cashback you are eligible to receive under Clause 4 above; and
B. the Previous Cashback Cap less the aggregated amount of cashback you had earlier received under any and all other credit card sign-up promotions with the Bank.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you have not reached the Previous Cashback Cap, the Current Cashback Cap has no bearing on whether you receive cashback under this Promotion.
ii. If you have reached the Previous Cashback Cap as determined by the Bank in its sole discretion, you will not be entitled to any further cashback under this Promotion. For the avoidance of doubt, this is the position regardless of whether the Previous Cashback Cap is greater or less than the Current Cashback Cap.
- The New CC Cashback and Existing CC Cashback you are entitled to receive under this Promotion pursuant to Clauses 3 and 4 above will be credited to your principal Eligible Card account within 30 working days of the date of activation of your Eligible Card, subject to the Eligible Card being valid and in good standing. The cashback awarded under this Promotion must be utilised within six (6) months from the date the cashback is credited to your Eligible Card, failing which, any unused portion of the cashback may be forfeited.
- The Prime Now Credits you are entitled to receive under this Promotion pursuant to Clauses 2 and 3 above will be issued to you in the form of three (3) promo codes worth S$50 each. Standard Chartered will send you the promo codes through a SMS notification within 60 working days of the date of activation of your Eligible Card on your registered mobile number with the Bank.
- You are required to enter the promo code when you check out with your Singapore shopping cart on the Amazon Singapore Prime Now mobile app (“Prime Now App”) and make payment using your Eligible Card to claim the Prime Now Credits. Each promo code can only be redeemed once. The Prime Now Credits cannot be combined with any other promo code offers available on the Prime Now App. Prime Now Credits are non-transferrable and may not be resold. Any remaining balance from the promo code will not be refunded or available for use in subsequent purchases.
- Each promo code has a validity of six (6) months from the date the SMS notification is sent to you and each promo code must be utilised before its expiry date.
- Any dispute relating to or arising from the use of the Prime Now Credits must be resolved directly with Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited (“Amazon”) via Prime Now’s customer service (and not with the Bank). Additional Amazon terms and conditions may apply to your use of the Prime Now App or the redemption of the Prime Now Credits. General
- Subject to these terms, if you satisfy all the eligibility criteria set out in the above, you will be eligible to receive up to $120 cashback:
Cashback amount First Credit Card S$100 cashback (New CC Cashback) Second Credit Card S$20 cashback (Existing CC Cashback)
For the avoidance of doubt, if you are a new credit cardholder applying for more than one Eligible Cards within the same credit card application and have opted to receive Amazon Credits on the first credit card, you are not entitled to any cashback for the subsequent credit card(s) you apply within the same credit card application.
- If you have received the Eligible Card in conjunction with your application for a CashOne / Credit Card Instalment Loan or a Mortgage Loan under the Home Suite Bundle or any other credit card sign-up promotions, you will not be eligible for the New CC Cashback or Amazon Credits under this Promotion.
- Unless otherwise stated, this Promotion is not valid with other offers, discounts, rebates, vouchers, privileges or promotions. The Promotion is valid in conjunction with the Standard Chartered and Grab August to December 2018 Promotion (the terms and conditions of which can be found here), the Standard Chartered Caltex 2018 Promotion and The Good Life Privileges.
- The cashback referred to in Clauses 3 and 4 are not exchangeable for cash or any other items, and are non-transferable and non-assignable.
- If the Bank at any time determines (at its sole and absolute discretion) that any of the eligibility requirements set out in Clauses 2 or 4 above was not or has not been complied with but any cashback has been redeemed by you, the Bank reserves the right to recover any / all cashback or the value of any / all cashback from you.
- Standard Chartered reserves the right to do any of the following without prior notice:
a. terminate, withdraw, shorten or extend this Promotion at the Bank’s sole and absolute discretion, with or without prior notice or reason; and/or
b. vary, modify, add or delete any of the terms of the Promotion.
You agree and consent to be bound by any such variation.
- These Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with our Customer Terms, Credit Card Terms, Digital Wallet Terms and any other specific Product Terms that may be relevant in connection with this Promotion ("Other Terms"). In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and the Other Terms, these terms prevail only to the extent of such inconsistency.
- Standard Chartered is not responsible for any failure or delay in the transmission of any transaction by any party, including acquiring merchants, merchant establishments or any telecommunication provider.
- Standard Chartered makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the goods and services bought and accepts no liability for the services provided by any merchant or service provider. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant or service provider.
- Standard Chartered is not an agent of Amazon or vice versa.
- Standard Chartered reserves the right to determine at its sole and absolute discretion all matters arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, including:
a. your eligibility to participate in this Promotion;
b. determining if an Eligible Card is an Enrolled Card;
c. your eligibility to receive any cashback under this Promotion; and/or
d. calculation of the cashback you receive under this Promotion.
Standard Chartered’s determination of all matters relating to this Promotion shall be final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entertained.
- By applying for an Eligible Card and/or enrolling an Eligible Card or a supplementary card of an Eligible Card into any Mobile Wallet pursuant to this Promotion, you consent to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes, including but not limited to the use of your telephone number to contact you about products and promotions offered by the Bank from time to time via telephone, SMS or multimedia messaging. Such consent will supersede any prior choices made by you. Such consent will also prevail even if you are registered or subsequently register your contact information with the national Do Not Call Registry.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall, to the extent of such inconsistency, prevail.
- A person who is not a party to the Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of the Promotion Terms and Conditions.
- These Credit Cards Sign-Up Promotion Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- All information is accurate at time of publication.
Eligibility - New credit cardholders
Eligibility – Existing credit cardholders
New CC Cashback and Existing CC Cashback Fulfilment mechanics
Amazon Credits Fulfilment mechanics